European Union ends antitrust probe into Qatar Energy – Middle East Monitor
On Friday, European Union antitrust regulators dropped their probe into Qatar Energy after the evidence they gathered failed to confirm their initial concerns, Reuters reported.
“Today’s closure decision is based on a thorough analysis of all relevant evidence, including information received from Qatar Energy and European gas importers,” the European Commission said in a statement.
Last month, Reuters exclusively reported that the public company was no longer in the crosshairs of the EU.
The EU investigation, opened in 2018, focused on Qatar Energy’s supply deals with European gas importers and their ability to sell liquefied natural gas to alternative destinations in Europe.
For its part, Qatar Energy welcomed the European Union’s decision to close the investigation into the LNG supply agreements.
“Over the past three and a half years, Qatar Energy has worked closely with the Commission’s Directorate-General for Competition and ensured that we answered all their questions in a transparent and cooperative manner. We fully support and satisfied with the outcome. As reiterated in the past, Qatar Energy remains committed to the highest levels of compliance with regulatory authorities in all geographies in which it operates,” the company said in a statement.
READ: Qatar and France launch first round of strategic dialogue
Comments are closed.